Evaluation services are provided to school-age children and adolescents for the following purposes:
- The impact of various medical/neurological conditions
- The presence of cognitive difficulties that are related to various conditions such as:
- Head Injury/concussion
- Seizure Disorders
- Brain tumor/cancer (e.g., ALL, medulloblastoma)
- Genetic/Chromosomal Disorders (e.g., Fragile X, Turner syndrome)
- Prematurity/Prenatal drug exposure
- Neurocutaneous Disorders (e.g., Neurofibromatosis)
- Sickle Cell Disease/stroke
- Learning Disabilities (LD) and Educational Testing
- Academic and general ability testing of both verbal and non-verbal skills can determine the presence of a learning disability.
- Children suspected of intellectual giftedness can obtain documentation needed for schools.
- Recommendations can be made to improve school performance and increase self-confidence.
- Evaluation of Attentional Disorders (ADHD)
- A thorough assessment of the presence and extent of attentional problems.
- Treatment and academic-based recommendations can be made to improve school performance, as well as any co-occurring mood or behavioral difficulty.
- Baseline Testing of academic and/or cognitive abilities
- Particularly useful with participation in contact sports (e.g., football, rugby, lacrosse)
- Pre/post-surgical evaluations (e.g., craniosynostosis, epilepsy)
PROVIDER: Jackie Klaver, Ph.D.
CONTACT: (877) 777-7257 ext 2